LineTriggerOverlap vs InvalidLineTrigger

This isn’t directly software related, but the only references I can find are all with Stemmer, so I hope someone can answer…

According to the Linea GigE Series manual (page 90), there are two events which seem to have the same cause, but not the same effect. Can someone explain how this works? Is it a configurable choice?

InvalidLineTrigger: Event sent on control channel when a line trigger occurs in an invalid Trigger region. Therefore the trigger is rejected and no frame acquisition occurs.

LineTriggerOverlap: Event sent on control channel when a line trigger occurs in an invalid trigger region and was delayed by the camera into a valid region.

They way I read that, if a line trigger occurs in an invalid trigger region, the camera can either delay the trigger, or ignore it.

Why am I interested in this topic? Because I want to know what happens (and how to detect) when our external trigger source goes faster than the exposure settings in the camera can handle.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

I think those both settings are depending on the “Trigger Overlap” setting you will find in I/O Controls (page 39 in the manual). If this setting is set to “off” line triggers which are to fast for the current setup are going to be rejected. Setting it to “Previous Line” the trigger will be latched and therefore delayed until the sensor is ready for it. This second setting makes only sense if there are only a few overtriggers like if your signal does have a little jitter.

Let me know if this helps. Currently I have no camera here to double check the manual.

2 Likes