GenICamBrowser - Ordinal not found

Hi All,

Just updated to 14, from 13, getting the error below when starting the GenICam Browser…

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just rolled back to the version i was using before, now getting the same error within the management console…

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the feedback. As far as I hear the information I would recommend going through the following steps:

1. From Window’s “Add or Remove Programs”, please remove the installed CVB.
  2. Then, once the uninstallation is finished, please visit the former installation path; if there’s still something then please delete them by hand.
  3. If possible, please try to check the locations where this article lists up if there still be remaining a CVB DLL there. If there is, please delete it by hand.
  4. Reboot the computer.
  5. Install CVB 14.
  6. Reboot the computer again and try to launch GenICam Browser.

By the way, just for our information, could supply us with some pieces of information, please?

• Exact CVB version number of your CVB 13 and 14; a version number consists of three parts such as 14.m.n.

Best regards,

Hi @kazunari ,

There looks like there was a CVFactory.dll knocking around in the Wow64 folder, removed that and seems fine on 14.0.0 now…

Although now the GenICam browser will not pick up our Jai GO X USB cameras, 13.03.002 worked fine from the management console…any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that you have nailed down the root cause.

now the GenICam browser will not pick up our Jai GO X USB cameras

Do you mean GenICam Browser does not list the camera? Or, it enumerates the camera as usual but can’t open it?

The cameras are not listed at all within the GenICam browser…

Could you launch Device Manager and check if your camera can be listed there and if you have installed our driver on the target camera?

I assume there is nothing more to install…?

Also, within the GenICam browser, it is just the discover button that needs to be pressed?

The logging prints discovering devices in subnet…

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the information. I appreciate that.

I assume there is nothing more to install…?

No, there isn’t. As far as I look at the screenshot the driver should be ready.

I guess JAI is also offering an SDK. Can they find the devices on the same computer? In addition, if possible, could you try to fresh install CVB 14 on another computer and give it a try, please?