CVB 13.04.005: genicam.ini: "Inter Packet Delay" only applied if>0 instead of >=0

Hello, I am testing the upgrade from CVB 13.00.005 to CVB 13.04.005.

I am using an ATC5 2040 caméra.
If in genicam.ini I set “inter Packet Delay” to “0”, the value is not applied in the camera.
If I set it “1”, it is applied in the camera.
So, what is in genicam.ini is only applied is >0 instead of >=0.

Best regards,
Mikael.

Hi @Mikael ,

We use the value “-1” as “use default”, so there should no changes to the packet size. (I’m suggesting that because i assume the camera starts with a delay of 0 or a calculated value, not sure about that)

Or alternatively manually in the Genicam.ini

As to why the value of 0 is not applied. With Genicambrowser you can check the properties (access, min, max). I assume they don’t allow <X.

grafik

Also check if the name of the node is really “Std::GevSCPD”.

Hope this helps.

Hello c.hartmann,
in the cam ATC5 I am testing, I have 5000 as a default value and the “inter-packet delay” goes from 0 to 65535.

If I set “0” in the INI file, I there is no bug, I should wiew “0” in the GUI, but I see 5000 (the value unchanged).
I tried to set “1” in the INI file and I see “1” in the view.
So, there is a bug, It seems that the value is applied >0 instead of >=0 .
Best regards,
Mikael.

Can you apply the value “0” with the genicambrowser directly (without the ini file), if no, then this is a firmware bug of the camera, if yes then we need to take a look in CVB.

Just for completeness here is the SFNC definition. I.e. the camera seems to be correctly implemented (regarding min). I assume 5000 means 5000ns between packets.

Hi @keerthitheja

i checked our code. The condition is (on our side):

if (m_Profile.m_lInterPacketDelay != -1)
        {
          // ...
          SILOG_INFO << "InterpacketDelay: " << m_Profile.m_lInterPacketDelay;
        }

So the logging should print which value it is attempting to set.

Can you apply the value “0” with the genicambrowser directly (without the ini file), if no, then this is a firmware bug of the camera, if yes then we need to take a look in CVB.

Yes, I can set 0 directly with the genicambrowser.