Optimal network settings

Hiya…

I’m looking for some information about the optimal network interface configurations for acquiring data over PoE cameras with the CVB library.

The operating system is a Linux kernel (Ubuntu 18.04) and if anyone wants to share some tips and tricks with me to optimize the network interface for GigE cameras.

If the only thing possible to do is to turn the MTU to 9000 then i guess there is nothing more too it, but i’m sure there are some things that are possible to optimize.

The cameras are all joined in a single bridge, each with their physical port to connect to the system.

Preferably configs with netplan (i know) but it is the simples way to configure for others to understand…

Hi!

We provide the optimal network configuration in our online User Guide. You will also find the Linux settings there: https://help.commonvisionblox.com/NextGen/14.0/md_theory_of_operation_hardware__gen_i_cam__c_v_b__user_guide.html#gcug_chmtopic26. All steps are described for both Windows and Linux.

I hope, this is helpful for you.

Best regards!

Thank you for pointing out this resource…

Is there any negatives/downsides about maxing out the Ring parameters for the NIC ?

My NICs are giving me following…

Ring parameters for enp4s0f2:
Pre-set maximums:
RX: 4096
RX Mini: 0
RX Jumbo: 0
TX: 4096
Current hardware settings:
RX: 256
RX Mini: 0
RX Jumbo: 0
TX: 256

I could set them all to max right ?

The settings required with Common Vision Blox are described in the User Guide. From our point of view, further settings are not relevant for the performance, but may be necessary for the individual case and can of course be tested.

Best regards!

Thanks, managed to go through everything of kernel information and different sources to optimize the network interfaces that the cameras are connected to! :slight_smile: