It is because of the resolution. First before getting into the buffers, let me explain you the issues I am seeing with respect to the bandwidth. I am running the line scanner camera with the below settings
Exposure time: 10 us
Resolution : 4096 x 4096
line rate: 80 Khz
So, these settings gets me an FPS of 17. Now if I calculate the bandwidth for RGB stream = 4096 x 4096 x 3 x 17 = 856 Mb/sec. With this bandwith I see corrupt frames warning from genicam browser logging. You can see the same thing in the picture below
For the same settings as above, if i run the NIR data stream, I do not see corrupt frames being delivered. Because here we get a bandwith of total 409640961*17 = 270 MB/secs. (I am not sure why genicam browser here shows 841 MB/sec as NIR contains only 1 plane. I guess it is assuming that the image contains 3 planes ?)
Now, if I change the line rate alone to 48 Khz, the FPS changes to 12 for the same resolution of 4096 x 4096. The total band width of the RGB stream comes to 600 MB/sec. With this setting, I do not see any corrupt frames being delivered
If I reduce the resolution to 2560x2048 with maximum possible line rate, I do not see any issues as well.
The corrupt frames is seen with only the maximum resolution and maximum line rate settings. This is for only RGB stream. Now when I run both the streams (RGB and NIR ) together, I see the corrupt frames again.
The line scan camera is connected to a 10GigE port. The settings for the port are as follows
Flow Control : Disabled
Interrupt Moderation: Enabled
Interrupt Moderation Rate: Off
Jumbo Packets: 9014
Receive Buffers: 4096
Now Regarding the buffers:
At the camera side, I have currently set the buffers to 100 and the pack size to 8192. Today, I did not see the issue of camera not responding with higher buffers at maximum resolution. But what I saw was, sometimes I am able to access only the NIR stream (DS1). The genicam broswer does not allow me to open the RGB stream (DS0). So, when this happens I have to close the camera and open the camera again to access both the streams.
I am not sure if these issues are happening due to the network card setting. Any suggestion on what would be the ideal network card settings for this camera. Initially I had set the interrupt moderation rate to Medium. But, later I changed it to Off as suggested by GeniCam user guide because I was seeing corrupt frames delivered.