Thanks for your help. After reading your notes above I decided to clean reset my Windows10 operating system to clean up the Registry entries that were getting mixed up the 32-bit Sapera WoW64 SDK install (at this point my camera was working with the Sapera CamExpert from SDK but not with CVB)
Here are my short notes that might help another user who wishes to acquire images through XTIUM-CLHS PX8 card.
(1) Assuming the starting point is a PC with Windows10 OS (64 bit) and a compatible PCIe x8 gen2 or higher/newer FREE slot, the installation below should work.
(2) First Install the frame grabber card physically by opening the PC.
(3) Download Common Vision Blox software 64 BIT package from https://www.commonvisionblox.com/en/download-cvb-windows-32-bit-and-64-bit/
(4) Next download the 64 BIT card driver from https://www.commonvisionblox.com/en/software/cvb-driver/dalsa-xtium-cl-px8/
(5) Install the CVB package first (mine is called, in abbreviated form, CVB_CamSuite_13.02.000 (x64).exe)
At this point the installed card will show a blue light, meaning it is not yet recognised by the system.
(6) Install the card driver by unzipping the downloaded file, mine is called CVB-Driver-Teledyne-DALSA-xtium-clhs-px8-x64. During install you will get some warnings that you are missing several packages, but the drive installation will add the missing s/w.
(7) After a restart - if the camera is connected to the card but not switched on - you should see a flashing green light on the card, meaning the card is now functional.
(7.1) Open the CamExpert shortcut on the desktop and with the camera switched on and booted up (takes a while), the camExpert should recognise the camera.
(7.2) Select bit depth, frame rate and other parameters of interest and save the configuration file from the File–>Save menu.
(7.3) Close CamExpert.
(8) Now head to location %CVBDATA%Drivers and open (using Notepad++ or similar editor) the XtiumCLHSPX8.ini file and edit the file name on board0 to match that of the .ccf file saved from above steps.
After all this my code works.
(PS. more questions follow soon)