ShapeFinder2 Error Whilst Loading Classifier/Model

Weird! I’ll have to look into that - probably a rights thing.

I think I managed to fix the problem you highlighted. First of all: In principle it is present in x64 as well as in win32 execution - but for whatever reason it’ll only lead to an access violation when running as a 32 bit application, but not when running as a 64 bit application - which is why I initially did not see it (I was running x64).

What happens is that for the retrieval of the feature lists internally an array is created and then filled by the CVCImg.dll with the points that are in the feature list of the classifier. However, this array was created one element too small, which led to a write access beyond the allocated array boundaries (and the .Net runtime then catches up on that and raises an error).

I have prepared new builds of the Stemmer.Cvb.ShapeFinder.dll for CVB 13.3 (Stemmer.Cvb.ShapeFinder.dll CVB 13.3.x.zip (25.4 KB)) as well as CVB 13.2 (Stemmer.Cvb.ShapeFinder.dll CVB 13.2.x.zip (25.4 KB)). To use the patch, copy the file to the %CVB%\Lib\Net folder (a file with the same name already exists…) and install it in the global assembly cache (open a Visual Studio command prompt with admin privileges, then execute gacutil -i Stemmer.Cvb.ShapeFinder.dll inside the %CVB%\Lib\Net folder).

Once we make new installers (that would be 13.02.006 or 13.03.002) these changes will be part of the standard installation of :cvb:

Thank you very much for pointing this out and thanks for your patience.

2 Likes