Problem with GEV Server : XML description file end with a <NULL> character

Hello,

When I use a GEV server with the C++ API, I can’t connect to the server with my camera application (using the MIL-LITE-X API).
After analysis, it appears that a NULL character is added at the end of the XML description file extract by the application who stop the parsing process of the XML file by the MIL-LITE-X API.

I don’t think the problem comes from the MIL-LITE API because when I use the GEV Server VB API I don’t have this problem and everything works correctly.
But why do I have a different result between the C++ API and the VB API and why do I have this NULL character which appears at the end of the XML file?

Any help with how to handle that is much appreciated.

Hi @Drochon ,

I have set up a C++ GevServer and cleaned the registry in %cvbdata% in order to trigger Cvb to create new XML files for the GevServer.
If I look into this file and enable all the hidden characters in Notepad, I cant see any NULL character at the end of the file.

So maybe you could specify, which XML file you are looking at and when this is created.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
My corrupted XML file is in the client side (using MIL LITE under C:\ProgramData\Matrox Imaging\GenICam XML Repository) named STEMMERIMAGING_CVGevServer_rev1_0_0.xml.
The weird thing is when i’m using the CVB GEVServer VC Tutorial Example I get this NULL character.
But if I’m using the CVB GEVServer VB.NET Tutorial Example, it’s working fine.

The XML file download by client with VB.NET example :

The XML file download by client with VC example :

Could you try the following example and tell me, what the xml looks like?
This looks fine on my machine:

%cvb%Tutorial\GEVServer\Cvb++

I was running a 13.01 CVB version without the Cvb++ tutorial.
I update my version to the latest 14.00 CVB version.
I’ve tried all GEVServer Tutorials, none works in 14.00 version not even the VB.NET.
In my case, with MIL LITE Gige Vision Client, only the VB.NET tutorial in 13.01 works fine.

Maybe I’m not looking on the right side. I’m going to look at the MIL LITE API.