Linescan Application | Aborted image in start - stop application

Well, I am not sure. Can you be more specific please? =)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I also use a rotary encoder that sometimes stops and continues again (in the same direction). With the default settings I get a partly correct / partly black image in python (in the genicam browser instead of the black part, there is a part of the old image). Also when the rotary encoder keeps moving it looks like some part of the image is missing (if I stick the previous frame and the new frame together, then the object scanned by the linescan camera is not complete).
Now if I set the Packet Timeout to 0, the images are (almost) complete black. I guess it depends on the speed of the rotary encoder what part of the image I get.

If you click this button in the genicam browser;
Do you see any of these being not zero;

2 Likes

@CvK has a point here. The behavior you are describing could also be triggered by lost packets.

You, are right, I have bot ā€œCorrupt Imagesā€ and ā€œCorrupt on Delivery Imagesā€. So itā€™s not the packet time out setting. Thanks for pointing out, I will try to fix this now :slight_smile:

Poor little lost packets, wandering the gigE network without ever finding their way to the host.

Let us know if that resolves the issue, although the camera specifics quickly go out of scope for the CVB forum, in which case you can, of course, contact stemmer directly via the support link on the website.

1 Like

You will find some advice here: https://help.commonvisionblox.com/NextGen/14.0/md_theory_of_operation_hardware__gen_i_cam__c_v_b__user_guide.html#gcug_chmtopic26

I configured the network card performance settings but still get partly black images. I contacted stemmer about it.