Error when opening DeviceFactory: RuntimeError C-API call failed, LoadImageFileW

Hi @kreinert ,

No, stream.abort() does not release the device.
stream.abort() simply aborts the data transfer.
stream.abort() should be used iff you need the the transfer to stop NOW!
Use stream.stop() instead.

The device is released when the initial “with cvb.DeviceF…” block ends.

@c.hartmann,
thank you for your help and the information, however the problem persists when i change it to .stop(). I also tried using .try_abort() and .try_stop() which both return true when the program works on the first try. However, the C-API Error message and frozen program are still there if you attempt to run the program again without restarting the kernel and unplugging and replugging the camera.

We realized the other day that the download link given on the Stemmer Website gives CVB Version 13.4, and we do not have the newest Version 14 installed. We will try that this week and see if it changes anything.

Edit: We installed Version 14 and the program doesn’t freeze anymore, it does however still return the RuntimeError: C-API call failed.

We have solved our issue: I don’t know why it works, but once we deinstalled the JAI camera driver by deinstalling the entire camera in the windows Device Manager, the program runs without mistakes.

thank you to everyone who offered their help :slight_smile:

2 Likes