Stemmer.Cvb.Forms not working with .Net Core

hallo parsd,

When i try to add things into the toolbox, i get a window appear telling me that the component i’m adding is not compatible with WinForms designer. Do u have any idea about it?

Best regards
Road

What things are you trying to add to the toolbox? (and what :cvb: version are you using)

Hello,
i have installed the latest version of CVB, and i am trying to add the Toolbox items(Display, GenApiGrid,StreamHandler) under General which are described in this tutorial Display a Stream (Windows Forms).
Btw i use visual studio 2019.

Hi @Road,

I think I know what the problem is: you created a Forms App (.Net) which results in a .Net Core app. This doesn’t support our .Net Framework Forms controls. We used Stemmer.Cvb.WPF with .Net Core successfully, though.

So the current workaround would be to create the UI in .Net Framework.

2 Likes

Hello,

i have installed Visual Studio 2019 and followed the steps in Display.
When i try to add things into the toolbox, i get a window appear telling me that the component i’m adding is not compatible with WinForms designer like this:

What should i do to solve this problem?
Are there simple examples for beginners to learn Programming in CVB?

Hi @Road

I guess the problem with adding components was actually resolved with the answers to this post.

When starting a new Windows Forms application with the CVB.Net wrappers there are two resources taht I would recommend:

1. @parsd’s Getting Started Guide (not very much Windows Forms related but a good starting point in general)
  2. The Windows Forms based tutorials installed in %CVB%\Tutorial\Image Manager\Cvb.Net - namely “Display”, “GenICam”, “PolarTransformation” and maybe “StreamDisplay”. Which one you pick first should depend on what you are most interested in:
    • “StreamDisplay” gives a very basic example of how to acquire and visualize image streams from cameras,
    • “GenICam” extends the concept by bringing the camera features into the picture
    • “PolarTransformation” shows some very basic processing
    • “Display” gives a fairly complete picture of what can be done with the Forms display.

I hope that helps - and If not make yourself heard :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @illusive

So far, Stemmer.Cvb.Forms.Controls.Display runs by .Net Framework.
Will it upgrade to .Net 5 or .Net 6?

Thank you and kind regards
Charlene

Hi @Charlene

with the upcoming 14.0 release we will switch to .Net Framework 4.7.1 and .Net Core 3.0 support. The are currently no plans to offer different builds for different frameworks - instead we hope to keep the overlap of what we support and what people are using as big as reasonably possible by not moving ahead too quicky while at the same time not being stuck on highly outdated versions.

Hi Voller,

Thanks for your reply.
I have forwarded the information to the user.
They can understand what you said.

Kind regards
Charlene

取得 Android 版 Outlook