Is there a way to 'reset' all properties to 'factory settings'?

Previously we’ve used the Sapera ccf files, but these are a whole load of pain (you can only reliably update them using CamExpert, and sometimes the values don’t ‘take’ on first load).

I’m very pleased with the usability of NodeMaps for updating properties, but I don’t really want to have to set hundreds of properties in order to get a ‘known state’. Is there anyway to say “reset to factory settings” and then just update the properties that differ?

I think I’ve found the answer:

Std::UserSetSelector = "Default";
call Std::UserSetLoad

This doesn’t appear to reset the IP, fortunately :slight_smile:

1 Like

IP is indeed not reset by loading camera settings. At least, I have yet to encounter the camera in which this is the case!

To follow on from this question: I’m trying to understand exactly how the interaction with Default settings works.

I have a camera which is configured to boot with ‘User settings 1’. I connected with GenICamBrowser, and modified a few settings, but didn’t save to User Settings 1. When I reconnected, it seems to have kept the changes, rather than booting to the original User Settings.

Is this expected behaviour, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @Ben,

generally this is expected behavior. Until you power off your camera. Then what is saved in User settings 1 is restored.

It is not standardized, though, what features remain unchanged after disconnecting. This is purely a camera thing. It is safe to say that all mandatory communication related features are set by the transport layer to enable a fresh communication.