How to use .gcs file to load settings into camera using python

From the Device Configuration in the CVB Management Console, iI can set the camera settings and store them as a .gcs file.

Is there a way I can read these settings into python and set the camera configurations based on this file, using the cvb python package, without writing my own parser?

Hi @ruben !
I assume, you already have your desired .gcs-file stored on your disk.
With CVBpy you can simply load these settings when in an opened device with:

discovered_devices = cvb.DeviceFactory.discover_from_root(cvb.DiscoverFlags.IgnoreVins)
desired_device_info = discovered_devices[0].access_token  # or any other device
with cvb.DeviceFactory.open(desired_device_info) as device:
     device_nodemap = device.node_maps["Device"]
     device_nodemap.load_settings("<path_to_corresponding_settings>.gcs")

assuming, that the the gcs is stored from the same device.
Also have a look at those docs!

Just tested the solution.
This was exactly what I was looking for. I did scan the docs, but somehow missed this method.
Thanks!

Hi there,

quite an old thread and the solution was already found. However, it seems that the save_settings and load_settings methods work for a single source in a GeniCamDevice only. Is there handy a way to save the NodeMap settings into a single file and load these settings if your camera has multiple sources (like jai Fusion-Series cameras) despite saving a .gcs-file for each of the sources?

Cheers!

Dear @JRo85
There is no way to save the settings for different streams into one .gcs-file. You need to save one .gcs-file for every stream. To ensure that you load the settings for the correct stream you should save the Stream Selector value as well and put it in the beginning of your saved file. Even if the camera has the wrong selected stream for your features, it will be changed when loading the .gcs-file to the correct one.