GEV Server Multicast Setup

I am trying to get a GEVServer up and running

What I’m trying to do is:

• Connect to a camera using Common Vision Blox (in python)
  • I want to have one ‘control’ client (control of the camera) and multiple ‘display’ clients (read only camera feed access)
  • I tried setting it up using a cvb GEVserver ( GigE Vision Server & gevserver/QmlGevServer)
    I can connect the control client to this server, but I cant figure out how to set the server to multicast the feed, and only one cvb device can connect to the GEVserver at any time.
  • I am using the example code to start the server, and the cvb/QmlStreamDisplay example as the control/ display clients (cvb/QmlStreamDisplay)

Whenever I try to connect to the GEVServer I get a “C-API call failed” error.

The GEVServer documentation suggest that this is possible but I cant figure out how to do it.
I have also tried using the GenICam browser as the control client.

How would I modify the GEVServer and Display examples to achieve multicast displays?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @njenningsQQ :slightly_smiling_face:

Please have a look at our documentation of CVB Multicast. It is also valid for the GEV Server.

Cheers
Thomas

My goal is to set up the GEV server multicast without the GenICam browser. I want to set it all up in Python.

Using the sample code as a starting point. How do I configure that as a multicast server and connect master / slave clients to it?