I am currently developing an application that uses the GenICam.vin and saves images to the ringbuffer for retrieval at a later point.
I calculated that my image is using about 2MB per image (1920x1080, Mono).
But when I set the ringbuffer count to (for example) 1000 it should use about 2GB of RAM but it actually uses about 4GB!
I can reproduce this when I use the CVB Viewer.
Am i doing something wrong or am I missing something?
I am thankful for any tips.
What bit depth images are you collecting in the ringbuffer? Are they 8 bit?
Yes, they are normal 8 bit images.
it sounds as if the driver would falsly allocate a convert buffer beside the image bufffer. I understand the camera is delivering Mono8. Could you attach your GenICam.ini. That might explain it.
I can’t attach the GenICam.ini as file as I am a new user. But here it is.
I tested with a different camera the past days but the problem is the same.
Thanks for your help.
; Pixel format of the CVB Image
; -> 0 = Raw image what ever the device delivers
; -> 1 = Mono 8Bit
; -> 2 = RGB 8Bit
; -> 3 = Mono 16Bit
; -> 4 = RGB 16Bit
; -> 5 = Auto
PixelFormat = 1
;Number of buffers allocated at vin startup
; 2 - Read Only
; 3 - Control
; 4 - Exclusive
; If Master mode is chosen AccessMode must be 3 otherwise the driver will not load
; 0 = None
; 1 = 90deg
; 2 = 180deg
; 3 = 270deg
; Packet Size
; -1 Use Default
; 0 Auto
; >0 Set to Value
; Inter Packet Delay
; -1 Use Default
; >= 0 Set to Value
; Heartbeat Timeout
; -1 Ignore setting and use system default
; 0 Set 0 to device and disable internal hb thread
; 0 < x < 500 Set to default ( 3000 )
; >= 500 Set to Value
; Heartbeat Timeout Margin
; the margin, if set, must be at least 50ms smaller than the HBTimeout
; -1 Ignore setting
; 0 use default depending on the system settings
; 0 < x < 50 invalid
; >=50 set margin
HeartbeatTimeoutMargin = -1
; Use Turbo Drive
; Enable or disable Turbo Drive. Device has to support Turbo Drive.
; Number Convert Buffer
; Number of Primary Acquisition Buffers used in case of a pixel format conversion / image decompression.
; Min = 3; Max = 100; Default = 3
; Number of conversion threads
; Number of threads used to convert / decompress images in parallel.
; Min = 1; Max = 16; Default = 1
NumConvertThreads = 1
InterfaceDisplayName=Filter Driver @ 38-D5-47-74-D1-C2
DeviceDisplayName=CV-A10GE (00-0C-DF-01-01-5B )
Hi, it seems I have found the problem: In my .ini file the UseTurboDrive is set to 1 even though I don’t use TurboDrive. Setting it to 0 fixed the problem.