White balancing in raw bayer format CVB++

Hello all,
May be a stupid question. So, I am using a area scanner Jai SP5000. I am acquiring the images as raw bayerGR format. So, the images are typically a single plane images. So, in the case how do i do the white balancing. I just want to do the white balancing once, and then carry on the same through out all my consecutive recordings. So, I see there is an option to do the white balancing once. But, if i set the auto white balancing node map to once, will the images be white balancing once, I convert the bayer images to RGB. or is it advisable to do the white balancing only after converting the images from Bayer to RGB

Hi @keerthitheja
When you set the white balance node to once, the camera uses the first image to set the white balance parameters and from this point on uses these Parameters for white balancing of all the other images. It is common to set the white balance once and use the same results for other acquired images. When you set the white balance in the camera node, the data get balanced in the camera and then will be sent to the PC/acquisition software and It is recommended to use the white balancing in the camera.

Hi @MandanaS
Thank you for the suggestion. I am acquiring the images as raw BayerGR format. So, if I sent the white balancing to once and acquire the images in the raw bayer format, will it be reflected in the images once I convert them from bayer to RGB ? Or, should I do the white balancing directly on the RGB images ?

Hi @keerthitheja

If you set the white balancing to once and acquire the images, that will be reflected in the image data regardless of the pixel format (BayerGR or RGB).

This forum about CVB related matters and this topic is a camera related question and out of the scope of the Forum. If you have further questions related to the camera please send an email to support@stemmer-imaging.com