Cvb.whl . Wheel file missing for python 3.8

I tried to install an exisiting cvb.whl file (using pip install cvb-1.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-none-win_amd64.whl) but got an error saying “wheel not supported on this platform”).

Any chance of getting a newer wheel for python3.8?

Thanks,
Brijen

SOLVED by simply adding .cp38 to the filename allows the whl to bypass pip install checks.
I will come back if this does not work.

Brijen

Sorry! Above query re-opened. I have to come back with the original request for a cvb python3.8 wheel.

Unfortunately import _cvb fails. My guess is due to some incompatibility between the wheel’s precompiled _cvb.pyd?

My main reason for switching from a working wheel on python3.7 to 3.8 was to use the newly available feature in python’s multiprocessing module, shared_memory to pass images between scripts.

Thanks Brijen

Hi @bghtech we see that problem, too.
Which version of CVB are you using?

CVB management console shows version 13.02.000 (64 bit)
Operating System: 64 bit Windows 10 Pro, build 10.0.18362

Hi @bghtech,

first of all: the python wheel for python version 3.8 will be shipped with one of the next CVB releases.

The problem was a change in the library loading behavior of python 3.8.

For the moment you can fix the import behavior as follows:

• Download the following file init.py.zip|attachment (3.0 KB) and extract it.

• please look for your local site-packages, where cvb is installed. You can use the following cmd

python -c "import site; print(site.getsitepackages())"

(it mostly looks like (…)/Python/Lib/site-packages)

• change to the cvb directory in there and replace the _init_.py by the extracted one from above.

1 Like

Hi @s-woe,

Thanks. The new init.py did the trick! My CVB now works with Python3.8 (although a seperate problem for me to solve now is to get an 86M pixel camera image working through a shared memory).

Best,
Brijen

1 Like